CONTEMPORARY ISSUES IN PHOTOGRAPHY
Presenter: Eli Craven
- Photography is more than just a photo you snap
- Experimenting with ideas
- It is important to look at photography as art rather than just snapping a photo
- On top of photography being artwork, it is also important to look at the business side of things, as well as communication and other platforms it is used for.
- There are so many different types/genres of photography
- Photographers to Check Out
- John Edmonds - Young African American that wants to represent the lifestyle of blacks growing up in America as well as struggles, pressures and issues of the everyday life as an African-American.
- Maurizio Cattelan - Has created magazines of photography. Kind of a break from the everyday traditional photography. Tries to recreate strange ideas, often times issues that exist in society and are relevant.
- Elad Lassry
- Irena Werning - Photographer who has become well known for recreating photos from her childhood to the point where they are almost exact. She has even had other photographers become involved, sort of collaborating with her and adding on to the idea.